Marine facilities may experience accidents/failures that are inherent to the facility (design, operation) or caused by a third party. In the interest of preventing recurrence of such accidents and minimizing its effects the facility would conduct a forensic investigation of the accident. GMFE, LLC offers its forensic investigation capabilities of systems, equipment and materials associated with marine facilities.
Typical forensic investigations may include one or more of the following partial list of services:
- Cause and origin of failure using techniques such as Root Cause Analysis;
- Failure Analysis (metallurgical);
- Scope of Damage Investigation;
- Expert Report, Deposition and Testimony;
- Incident Investigation and Insurance/Subrogation Support.